29Nov2016 – 01Dec2016
INTEGRATE People • Process • Technology
A proactive approach for sustainable built environment
Living in ‘silos’ is not an option!
We live in ONE WORLD and have ONE FUTURE!
We need to act now!
We need to
Egypt and the region are entering a new era where sustainable development is a priority to ensure efficient use of resources nationally, regionally, and even internationally. Egypt strategic geographic and historical dimensions enable Egypt to play a pivotal role in achieving coordinated sustainable development in the region. Hence, the main theme of SBE16 Cairo is INTEGRATE.
Integrate people, process, and Technology – on national and regional level – is considered essential to achieve a proactive and comprehensive approach for a sustainable built environment in Egypt and the Region.
SBE16 Cairo organisers capitalise on the results from their previously organised SB13 Cairo Nov2013, considering SB13 Cairo as the first step towards sustainable development. SBE16 Cairo answers the questions of what needs to be done, when is it needed, and how should it be done.
SBE16 Cairo is an action-oriented conference. The target is to bring both national, regional, and international industry and academia to integrate. In this respect, the conference is organised to have three main pillars, in which the main theme ‘INTEGRATE’ should be evident:
- Industry regional Forums and plenaries
- Industry Exhibition
- Research parallel sessions where integration and practicality is evident.
SBE16 Cairo encourages papers under the following themes, which demonstrate integrative approaches and practicality.
Theme I: A rapidly urbanised environment
- Integrated Planning and Implementation policies
- All-inclusive urban development
- Affordable and adaptable housing
- Eco-urbanisation and mobility
Theme II: Technology and a smart built environment
- smart buildings and material
- energy efficiency and sustainable building
- energy micro-generation
- water efficiency and waste water management
Theme IV: Mega-projects – Case studies
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Innovative business models
- Finance and Procurement tools
- Project and risk management
Theme III: Legislation and assessment tools
- Life cycle assessment
- Legal challenges and potential solutions
Theme V: Cultural challenges: innovative proactive training/education strategies
- Change management
- Capacity building
- Awareness tools and engaging school children in sustainable development
The German University in Cairo (GUC) – Architecture and Urban Design, Egypt
German-Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), Egypt