5 – 6 Sep 2016 | Singapore
BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700 (Show Map)
HOME » CONTACT US
Venue & Travel
- Venue: BCA Academy, 200 Braddell Road, Singapore 579700 (View Map)
- Rooms: T1-1 (Opening & Closing), C3-1 & C3-6 (Breakout tracks), Cafeteria (Lunch), 2nd Floor Foyer (Tea Breaks)
- How to get there: Click here for more information
SBE16 delegates who will also be participating in the International Green Building Conference 2016 are welcome to book your accommodation at the event Official Hotel – Marina Bay Sands, Singapore and enjoy a special room rates. Click here for more travel and accommodation information.
Have a Question? Get in touch with us
For general enquiry or register, please call us at +65 6780 4691 or email email@example.com
Alternatively, click here to proceed to online registration.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
SUBMISSION IS CURRENT CLOSED – Thank you for your interest!
Do you have a new research finding or project to share at the Singapore SBE16 Conference?
We are pleased to invite interested parties to submit their abstracts to the conference.
- Call for abstracts –
Monday, 21 March 2016
- Deadline for abstract submission (EXTENDED) –
Tuesday, 31 May 2016
- Review of abstracts and selection by Conference Committee –
31 May – 20 June 2016
- Acceptance notification for abstract –
Monday, 20 June 2016
- Deadline for full papers – Friday, 29 July 2016
Please ensure your abstract is submitted by Tuesday, 31 May 2016. Faxed or posted abstracts will not be accepted. Click here to proceed to Online submission »
Synopsis: Select from one of the track below
- TRACK 1- BIODIVERSITY More details
- TRACK 2 – COASTAL PROTECTION More details
- TRACK 3- WASTE MANAGEMENT AND SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION More details
- TRACK 4 – HUMAN BEHAVIOUR / SOCIAL POLICIES More details
Format, Fonts and Layout:
- Email Title – State the track that best suits your abstract content. For example: “TRACK 1: BIODIVERSITY”
- Authors in CAPITAL CASE – Times New Roman, font size 12
- Affiliations in Sentence case – Times New Roman, italicised, font size 12
- Content in Sentence case – Times New Roman, font size 12
- Sub-headings (if any) in Sentence case – Times New Roman, bold, font size 12
- Use single line spacing
- Keywords – four to five
The abstract should include following components of your project: Aim, Background, Methods, Results and Conclusion (sub-headings not required).
- Abstracts must include original work that has not been presented or published before. It may include original experimental work, case studies, reviews or new findings
- Material published prior to the abstract deadline cannot be submitted
- Abstracts must be limited to 300 words, excluding the title, authors and affiliations
- Abstracts that do not include results will not be accepted
- Abbreviations – include the full text on the first mention followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis
- Abstracts must not include any figures, tables or references
Listing of Authors:
- Include initials and family name and underline the name of the author presenting the paper. Please note that the presenting author must submit the abstract and should be the main point of contact for all matters
- Degrees or professional titles (Dr, Prof., etc.) should not be included when listing authors
- The authors’ names should be followed by affiliations: institution, city, state, country
Evaluation Process and Criteria:
- The abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Scientific Committee and reserves the right to accept or refuse any abstract
- Abstracts should be in the correct format
- Acceptance of an abstract will be depend on how well the abstract meets the aims and one of the themes of the conference. The author should clearly indicate the theme for which the abstract is submitted
- To assess the merits of the research project, abstracts will be evaluated using the following criteria, but not limited to the following: Scientific validity, originality, relevance, quality and appropriateness of the methodology and analytical rigour, and novelty of the results and how they add to or extend current knowledge.
- Presenting authors must attend the Conference to deliver the paper and are required to register and pay the conference fees