Call for Paper Abstracts Due: September 29 2015
Sustainable Buildings Canada and iiSBE Canada are proud to host SBE16Toronto, part of the pre-eminent international Sustainable Built Environment conference series on sustainable building and construction. SBE16Toronto will take place on September 19 and 20, 2016 in downtown Toronto, Canada, and is the only SBE Conference to be held in the Americas in 2016.
Twenty-five years ago, sustainable design was considered a vaguely interesting novelty in the building world. Today, it is a critical component in the future well being of the planet, and central to the design, construction and operation of the built environment. The recent past has seen sustainable design evolve in several related ways:
- Transition from the theme of “doing less harm” to ”doing greater good”
- Restoring and regenerating living systems
- Bringing resiliency to the new climate realities
- Integrating buildings into the larger context of communities and districts
The list above implies a complex set of parameters, challenges and opportunities. Future development will be called upon to address all of them in an integrated way.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
With those parameters in mind, we are pleased to issue this call for scientific papers and workshop proposals in the following streams:
- Systems-thinking approaches, strategies and frameworks: District systems, integrated design process (IDP), integrated project delivery (IPD), cascading resources, etc.
- Renovating and repurposing: Existing buildings, clusters and infrastructure
- Designing in a Cyclical Ecosystem: From materials to new technologies to cities
- Efficiency and self-sufficiency: Conservation, measurement and performance in everything from resources to cities
- Density challenges/opportunities: Accommodating population growth in a finite world
Enter your scientific paper abstract or workshop proposal at http://sbe16toronto.submittable.com/submit before the September 29 2015 deadline. Multiple entries are permitted.
We look forward to reviewing your submission.