Vitoria – Overview
Sustainable Urban Communities towards a Nearly Zero Impact Built Environment
SBE16 Brazil & Portugal is the first conference of the SBE Series (International Sustainable Built Environment Conference Series) ever organized in South America. It will be held in Vitória, Brazil, from 7 to 9 of September 2016.
This event is the evolution of several national and international conferences previously organized in Brazil and in Portugal. The country, the city hospitality and the expected weather conditions will be the ingredients to create an adequate atmosphere for a remarkable conference.
SBE16 Brazil & Portugal is an innovative scientific event aiming to bridge the gap between the academic environment, society, theory and practice facilitating the development of knowledge and solutions for a sustainable urban regeneration towards a Nearly Zero Impact Built Environment.
The organizers are pleased to invite you to this 3-day conference in Vitória and to share with you the Brazilian culture, traditions and gastronomy during and after the conference.
The conference will focus on the sustainability of the built environment, tackling up-to-date issues on Sustainable Building and on Sustainable Urban Communities. The foreseen conference themes are the following:
• Nearly zero and positive energy built environments;
• Environmentally-friendly renewable energy systems;
• Urban planning for sustainable communities
• Sustainable urban mobility and accessibility;
• Mitigation of impacts in urban areas;
• Sustainability assessment tools;
• Governance and strategies for a sustainable built environment;
• Technologies for a sustainable building environment;
• Training and education to promote adoption of sustainable approaches;
• Adaptation of cities and buildings to climate changes;
• Contributions and consequences of urban landscaping;
• The BIM concept applied to sustainable buildings and cities.
Other themes may be proposed depending on the development of the conference organization and the proposed papers by the authors. Nevertheless, for all themes, the papers will be submitted to a double blind peer-review by the scientific committee members.
The official language of the conference is English and, therefore, only papers written in English can be accepted.
Abstract should contain no more than 250 words addressing aim, method and results achieved or expected. For submission, please visithttps://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sbe16brazilportugal and register in the system (use a valid e-mail and often accessed, since all the information of the SBE16 Brazil & Portugal will circulate electronically only).